Position: Food Handler/Barista/Dishwasher
Kibbitznest, Chicago, IL 60614
Primary duties include: assembling cheese plates, cutting cheese and salami meats, heating and dressing hot dogs, cutting vegetables for hummus plate, toasting bread, machine washing of glasses and hand washing of some plates, bussing tables, general cleaning & some bar-backing
Must be available to work these Days & Hours: Wednesday night from 6 to 10:30pm, Sundays 12-5:30pm as food handler, Saturdays 11-5pm as barista and eventually bartender when trained. Pay is $13-14 plus some tip sharing.
Career Level: at least 1 year experience
Education: some college preferred, Liberal Arts Majors a plus!!!
Job Type: Part-time
Equipment: Experience with an electric meat slicer a plus
· Experience with food preparation (no cooking), proper knife handling, temperature control, and sanitation.
· Dishwashing, glass washing and table bussing experience
· Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations
· Outgoing, friendly and customer focused.
· Works with speed, strong attention to detail , consistency and organization.
· Passion for quality, safety and sanitation
· Ability to work independently
· Effective Communication skills - Comprehension of English language
· Ability to be flexible with job demands and open minded when being asked to complete tasks.
· Must be a team player.
· Comfortable and pleasant demeanor in very busy environments.
· Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
· Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
· Able to work weekends, holidays and late night hours.
· Follow all policies in the employee handbook & all Illinois food safety guidelines
· Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Prepare all food items according to recipe cards and prep lists
· Washing dishes and bar glasses, racking dishes
· Assist as a barback and in server duties whenever needed with getting supplies and bussing tables.
· Assists in the general cleaning of bar area, kitchen and main floor areas as time permits.
· All food portions must be consistent with all plate and batch recipe specs.
· Adhere to proper food handling procedures.
· Maintain proper rotation of food to assure top quality and freshness.
· Cover, label, and properly store food according to Kibbitznest standards.
· Maintain clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas.
· Make sure the stations are properly cleaned, sanitized, and organized at the end of the shift (including cleaning of kitchen equipment and sweeping and mopping floor).
· Ensure that all kitchen tools, keys and equipment are returned to their designated secure area.
· Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment that conforms to all standards and regulations.
· Work with other members as a team. Maintain open, positive and effective communication with others.
· Perform closing responsibilities, storing and cleaning of all line items and restocking all areas assigned.
· Assist others in closing procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
· Safety First – Always observe safety first while working, and when handling any piece of equipment
· Report to scheduled shifts on time.
· Perform other barback, dish washer, cleaning & food prep responsibilities as assigned.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or come in with a physical copy.